Friday, May 20, 2011

He is Coming

Tomorrow my sister will be getting traditionally married. I can't believe it. There are still a few months yet until the official ceremony, but tomorrow is the day that the groom is coming for his bride. Our house, for the past few days, has been turned upside-down. Walls have been washed and repainted, furniture has been dusted, the garden has been manicured, the house has been straightened... the list is quite long. All in preparation for the groom and his family. Tomorrow morning we will be doing a lot of preparations for the beautiful bride. Clothes, hair, make-up, nails, etc. All of this has made me wonder about my marriage. About the day that my groom comes for me. What will it be like? How far away is it? What will he look like? What will I look like? Will I be ready for him when he comes? Will He find me a pleasurable, beautiful bride? All these questions have been filling my mind today. Will i be ready for my Groom? Tomorrow is May 21, the predicted day that Jesus is coming back. I find this utterly absurd. It makes Christianity look so bad. The Bible clearly states that no man can know the day or the hour of the return of Christ. I almost want to apologize on behalf of the people who make our relationship with God look so stupid. But anyway, that aside, the whole May 21 thing has made me think, "If Jesus really did come back tomorrow, what would I do, how much preparation would I need?" Would walls need to be broken down, built up, or repainted? Would the nasty cobwebs, dust, and dirt need to be swept out of the corners? Maybe in some rooms, it's just downright disgusting. Dirty clothes all over the place, junk under the bed...would one day even be enough time to get ready for Him? At least our family knew before-hand that the groom would come. What about me who will have no warning whatsoever? As I stand beside my sister tomorrow, I will be thinking of my own marriage, and the love of my life Who will come to receive His bride. I must be ready, for I know not the day nor the hour that my groom will come for me.

No comments: