Monday, March 11, 2013

He Remains.

It's been eight months since my fingers hit the keys of the blogging world! So much has changed since July of last year- it's impossible to fully update. But this post finds me in a different city, different state, different season. I am now living in Memphis, Tennessee, and a full time intern at The Life Church of Memphis. It would be pretty hard to tell of all the amazing things that God has done for me over the last eight months! If you read my post "Remaining Joyful", I mentioned that I travelled here last spring with my Dad and sister for a weekend. Little did I know that one trip would change my life. When I went back to Tulsa, I kept feeling like I should move to Memphis and do the year-long internship. I prayed about it, and a couple of months later told my parents what was on my heart. To my surprise, they had been praying about the same thing and had also felt I should move to Memphis. What an encouragement! But a lot of things still had to fall into place. I didn't have a job, a car, a house, and not more than a few friends. It was definitely a leap of faith. It took a lot of courage. But the desire to be plugged into a church full time was stronger than any doubts I had. To make a long story short, a couple of phone calls and a few months later I was on my way to Memphis with a gorgeous house, a car, and all my needs met on the other side. God had not only provided for me, but exceeded every expectation I had. Since beginning Damascus Road in August, I have had to trust God more than I ever have before. I am going on a missions trip to Ireland this summer as part of my internship and need to raise $3500. I currently have $30 towards that, but I know that as I work hard, I will get there. Every month I carefully plan out my finances and see God provide for my needs as I faithfully manage what He has given me. He has kept me from sickness and accidents. He has given me strength when I had absolutely none left. When I put in 130 hours over the course of two weeks at church, He helps me manage my life! It's been a hard step, learning how to handle so much. I basically work a full time job, while still having to make time for friends, finances, responsibilities, my personal health, and relationship with God. It's been a lot to take in and deal with! But I look back over the almost year and a half that I have lived in America and I see nothing but faithfulness from God. Faithful when I've been at my best, and my worst! I'm so thankful for His consistency in my life! Another eight months will not go by before you hear from me again :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-) I like it...and looking forward to hearing from you here, in less than 8 months, ay?